It’s a pretty A-list guest list. So who on GQ‘s “50 Most Powerful People in DC” list will show and who will no-show at tonight’s party at 701?
For insight and predictions, we turned to some of DC’s most tried and trusted nightlife and social scene reporters- TWT‘s “Green and Glover, Under Cover” columnists Stephanie Green and Liz Glover, Politico Click’s Patrick Gavin, Washington Life‘s “Hollywood on the Potomac” columnist Janet Donovan and even our elusive friends at FamousDC.
And as for FBDC’s predictions… we’re just betting on Green & Glover, Gavin and Donovan being there. We would bet against #1 Rahm Emanuel, though. The President’s Chief of Staff and actress Eva Longoria were pretty buddy-buddy at the White House Correspondents Association Dinner this spring, and she’ll be at the White House tonight for a Hispanic Heritage Month celebration.
• TWT‘s Stephanie Green: Yes: David Axelrod and Desiree Rogers, No: Jon and Maybe: Valerie Jarrett and Rahm Emanuel
• TWT‘s Liz Glover: Yes: Valerie Jarrett, Richard Holbrooke, Edward Yingling, Jim Messina, The Podestas, George Stephanopoulos, Paul Rieckhoff, Bob Cohn, Desiree Rogers, Stephanie Cutter and Alex Ovechkin
• Washington Life‘s Janet Donovan: Ikram Golden, Robert Barnett, John Harris, Rahm Emanuel, David Axelrod, Valerie Jarrett, Desiree Rogers, Jon Favreau, Stephanie Cutter, Jane Mayer, Scott Shane, Max Baucus, Bob Cohn, Carol Browner, Eric Cantor and Alex Ovechkin
• Politico‘s Patrick Gavin: Yes: Rahm Emanuel or Peter Orszag or David Axelrod, Valerie Jarrett, Jon Favreau, Desiree Rogers, Ben Nelson, Eric Cantor, Edward Yingling, Jim Messina, John Podesta, Jane Mayer, Elizabeth Warren, George Stephanopoulos, Steve Elmendorf, Tony Podesta, Dick Armey, Andy Stern, Paul Rieckoff, Bob Cohn, Joel Benenson, Nate Fick, John Harris, Bob Barnett, Tom Goldstein, Ikram Goldman, Ashok Bajaj and Stephanie Cutter
• FamousDC: “We don’t know who exactly will be there, but it will be lower than Patrick Gavin’s guess of 20% (meaning 10 people). And we’ll double down and predict that nobody from the Administration shows. The Administration is too busy: healthcare reform is moving and there is a war going on… with Fox News.”
We’ll report back tomorrow on who was on, and who was off, the mark.