Did you get a Kindle for Christmas, but still haven’t figured out just how to use it? Amazon’s Kindle customer service department has a very helpful post today in the Kindle forum to help get you started. The post is called, “Kindle Top Ten FAQ’s” and answers 10 common questions for how to use your Kindle.
The questions include:
1. How can I start reading on my new Kindle? Visit our Getting Started page to see the simple steps (including videos) to start reading on your new Kindle right now.
2. How do I set up the Wi-Fi connection on my Kindle (Latest Generation)? Kindle (Latest Generation) automatically detects nearby Wi-Fi networks and hotspots that broadcast their network name.
3. How do I apply and use a gift card to purchase Kindle titles? To use an Amazon.com Gift Card for purchases from the Kindle Store, redeem the gift card in Your Account (http://www.amazon.com/your-account). Any gift card balance available on your account will be applied to purchases from the Kindle Store, except for content with recurring subscription charges. To successfully complete your purchase, you’ll need to establish your home country or region and set a valid 1-Click billing address.
4. How do I register/deregister my Kindle? From Amazon.com, you can register or deregister via the Manage Your Kindle page (http://www.amazon.com/myk). From your Kindle, select Home > Menu > Settings > Register or Deregister.
5. How do I start shopping in the Kindle Store? You can shop in the Kindle Store directly from Kindle or from Amazon.com. Shopping the Kindle Store on your Kindle is a convenient way to find and buy Kindle books, newspapers, magazines, and if you are a U.S. customer, Kindle active content and blogs for your Kindle. If you are in your wireless coverage area, your purchases from the Kindle Store are delivered to your Kindle, typically in less than 60 seconds.
There is also helpful information about how to gift eBooks using your Kindle and how to access Kindle’s free eBook library. It’s a starting point for newbies to Kindle.