Staffers at Fast Company rejoice: You work at the Magazine of the Year. That’s according to the ASME’s National Magazine Awards, which are basically the Oscars for the magazine world.
Here are some other notes from the awards, which are also known as the Ellies:
- The New Yorker won the most Ellies. It took home four, for feature writing, fiction, essays and criticism, and columns and commentary.
- New York won three — design, best website and general excellence in general interest. Generally exciting.
- National Geographic won for tablet magazine and multimedia magazine.
- Modern Farmer won its first Ellie, for its “Modern Farmer Handbook” section.
- Cosmo won for personal service.
- Bon Appétit won for photography.
- Wired, GQ and Harper’s did not win any Ellies.