Location and time, timeline, new forms of currency, and TV-related conversations will play big roles for Facebook in 2012, according to predictions from digital design consultancy Fjord.
Facebook-related prognostications from Fjord’s look at 2012 include:
- “Location and time will put pressure on social and search. As social networking moves into the mobile world, the categories of location and time will grow in significance. This could alter the power balance between Facebook and Google and enable mobile-first solutions to leap into contention.”
- Along with a picture of Facebook’s new timeline profile, Fjord wrote: “It’s all about moments; making them and reliving them.”
- Grouped in with its television-related predictions, the company added, “Watching TV turns into talking TV.”
- On a page about security and identity, Fjord said, “Log in with Facebook … and give up what?”
- And when discussing methods of payment, the consultancy added, “Bank of Facebook: New forms of currency emerge.”