Facebook has hired Nicola Mendelsohn as VP, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, filling a void being temporarily filled by VP of Global Marketing Solutions Carolyn Everson after Johanna Shields left in October 2012.
Mendelsohn was most recently partner and executive chairman at Karmarama agency in London. She was formerly board director at BBH and deputy chairman at Grey London. She was also the first female president of the Institute of Practitioners of Advertising.
In notable departures news, General Counsel Ted Ullyot is leaving, according to a filing today. Ullyot has been with Facebook since 2008, during which time it faced high-profile lawsuits from the Winkelvoss twins and others who claimed ownership of the company, patent suits from Yahoo and others, several privacy-related issues and an FTC investigation over the social network’s acquisition of Instagram.
According to AllThingsD, Ullyot does not have another job lined up, and is likely taking some time off.
Facebook’s head of Android product Bubba Murarka has joined VC firm Draper Fisher Jurvetson as General Partner and Managing Director. He had been at Facebook since 2008, and was most recently involved in the launch of Facebook Home.
As for other hires, Facebook removed 23 positions from its careers page this week, including a Head of Global Marketing Design and a few jobs in user operations, infrastructure, corporate development and other areas.
Prior listings removed from Facebook’s careers page:
- Head of Global Marketing Design (Menlo Park)
- Marketing Manager ( Contract) (Singapore)
- Food & Beverage Manager (Dublin)
- Finance Manager – Data Center Infrastructure (Menlo Park)
- Financial Analyst, Network Infrastructure (Menlo Park)
- Fixed Assets Accountant – Systems and Controls (Menlo Park)
- Administrative Assistant – Corporate Development (Menlo Park)
- Administrative Assistant, Engineering (Menlo Park)
- Administrative Assistant, Sales Planning & Operations (Menlo Park)
- Systems Engineer, Citrix (Menlo Park)
- Commissioning and Deployment Manager (Menlo Park)
- Manager, Marketing Communications APAC (Singapore)
- Product Marketing Manager, Developer Monetization (Menlo Park)
- Data Analytics Lead, User Operations (Dublin)
- Team Lead, User Operations (Menlo Park)
- Integration Manager, Corporate Development (Menlo Park)
- Manager, Corporate Development (Menlo Park)
- Merchant Operations Analyst (Menlo Park)
- Mobile Partnerships Strategist (Menlo Park)
- Account Manager, Czech (Dublin)
- Ad Operations Specialist (Dublin)
- Client Partner – Financial Services & Travel, Global Marketing Solutions (Sydney)
- Client Partner, Politics (Washington)
Who else is hiring? The Inside Network Job Board presents a survey of current openings at leading companies in the industry.