Facebook confirmed in April that it was testing the ability for pages to upload videos to serve as cover images, and its test group appears to be expanding.
The feature was being tested on the Facebook page for Netflix drama Narcos in April (that test is still active), and this week, Flixel Photos chief marketing officer Robert Lendvai alerted Social Pro Daily via email that the feature was extended to the Flixel Photos Facebook page.
Facebook had not yet responded to a request for comment at the time of this post.
- Page admins can upload cover videos the same way they currently upload cover photos.
- Cover videos must be at least 20 seconds long, but no more than 90 seconds long.
- The recommended video crop size is 820 pixels by 462 pixels.
- Cover videos auto-play and auto-loop.
- There is an unmute option in the bottom-right-hand corner for users who wish to view the videos with sound (cover videos begin playing with audio muted).
UPDATED: Connor Gallic, who consults on digital operations for Open Road Auto Group, shared the image below of video cover images being available to the BMW of Morristown Facebook page: