Facebook has announced its Games of the Year for 2013, highlighting the best of the best in the world of Facebook gaming. This year’s list of 23 games includes seven mid or hardcore games, five arcade games and five casino / slot machine games, with those genres continuing to rise in popularity over the once dominant simulation game.
Facebook’s Game of the Year 2013 went to Pretty Simple Games’ Criminal Case [pictured], the hidden object game which asks players to solve crimes by searching for clues in hidden object scenes and then completing experiments and analysis back in the lab.
These games of the year were chosen based on user ratings, Facebook implementation, growth and overall quality.
Games including Panda Jam from SGN and Nival’s King’s Bounty: Legions received nods as some of the favorites of Facebook staff, while larger names including King and Zynga were represented in the 2013 Hall of Fame, with Candy Crush Saga and FarmVille 2, respectively.
The Hall of Fame highlights games which were released earlier than 2013, but still had a large impact and following throughout this calendar year. Zynga’s Hit It Rich Casino Slots was also listed as one of the best new games of the year.
Here’s the full breakdown of games in each category. Check back soon to follow 2013’s biggest Facebook games on AppData, our tracking service for mobile and social apps and developers.
Best New Games of 2013
- Bake Shop Drop by Broken Bulb Studios
- Farm Heroes Saga by King
- Heart of Vegas by Product Madness / Aristocrat
- Hit It Rich Casino Slots by Zynga
- Jelly Splash by Wooga
- Kitchen Scramble by Disney Interactive
- Monster Legends by Social Point
- The Smurfs & Co.: Spellbound by Ubisoft
- Soldiers Inc. by Plarium
- Solitaire Tales by Qublix
- Thunder Run: War of Clans by SpinPunch Games
- Vikings Gone Wild by EveryDayiPlay
- DoubleU Casino by AFewGoodSoft
- Game of Thrones: Ascent by Disruptor Beam
- King’s Bounty: Legions by Nival
- Panda Jam by SGN
- Wartune by 7Road / Proficient City
- War Commander by Kixeye
2013 Hall of Fame