Facebook announced that it will hold its 2017 Annual Meeting of Stockholders Thursday, June 1, at 11 a.m. PT at the Pullman San Francisco Bay, 223 Twin Dolphin Drive, Redwood City, Calif.
Shareholders will vote on the following:
- Re-electing the company’s board of directors: Marc Andreessen, Erskine Bowles, Susan Desmond-Hellmann, Reed Hastings, WhatsApp co-founder Jan Koum, chief operating officer Sheryl Sandberg, Peter Thiel and co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg.
- Ratifying the appointment of Ernst & Young as Facebook’s independent registered public accounting firm for the year ending Dec. 31, 2017.
- A stockholder proposal regarding a change in stockholder voting.
- A stockholder proposal regarding a lobbying report.
- A stockholder proposal regarding false news.
- A stockholder proposal regarding a gender pay equity report.
- A stockholder proposal regarding an independent chair.
Facebook said in its letter to shareholders (embedded below) that voting may be done over the internet, via telephone or by completing the proxy cards they receive in the mail and returning them.
The company added that voting is limited to stockholders of record at the close of business April 7.
As it has in past years, Facebook recommended that stockholders vote yes on the first two items and no on all of the stockholder proposals.
Image courtesy of NorthernStock/iStock.