At E3 2015, Telltale Games and Skybound announced The Walking Dead: Michonne for mobile devices, home consoles and PC. The mini-series stars Michonne from the franchise’s comic book series, and is set between issue No. 126 and issue No. 139.
Rather than a completely standalone game, The Walking Dead: Michonne is more like DLC, as players will need to own at least the first episode of The Walking Dead: Season 2 in order to experience the game. More information on how the new content will be accessed will be released closer to launch.
The Walking Dead: Michonne will feature three episodes, and, as usual, player choice will impact the way the story unfolds.
In a statement, Robert Kirkman, creator of The Walking Dead, commented on the game’s starring character:
In many ways, Michonne herself is a reflection of the world of The Walking Dead. She is brutal and cold on the outside, but deep beneath what is broken, she remains hopeful, trying to claw her way out of the darkness that surrounds her. In our effort to bring the world of the comic and the world of the Telltale series closer together, there is no greater character than Michonne to help bridge that gap.
The Walking Dead: Michonne is set for release this fall on the iTunes App Store, Google Play and the Amazon Appstore. The game is also in development for PC and Mac, as well as last and current generation PlayStation and Xbox consoles.
The Walking Dead games take players to the zombie apocalypse, where they’re challenged to help survivors escape dangerous situations and make sometimes difficult choices. The titles have been an incredible success for Telltale Games, with reportedly more than 44 million individual episodes sold in the franchise worldwide.
Check out more of our E3 2015 coverage:
- E3 2015: Bethesda Launches Fallout Shelter on iOS
- E3 2015: Bethesda Unveils New Apps for The Elder Scrolls, Fallout 4
- What Does Facebook Game Exec Peter Jonas Want From E3? Mobile
- E3 2015: EA Announces Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes for Mobile
- E3 2015: Beeline Interactive Unveils Ghostbusters Puzzle Fighter for Mobile
- E3 2015: Square Enix to Bring Kingdom Hearts, Lara Croft, More to Mobile
- E3 2015: DotEmu Announces Titan Quest, Ys Chronicles II for Mobile
- E3 2015: 3 Queens Reveals Creeping With the Crudashians for Mobile