At its E3 2015 press conference, Electronic Arts announced the development of a new mobile game in the Star Wars universe. Created in collaboration with Disney Interactive and Lucasfilm, Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes will combine elements from collectible card games and role playing games.
The game will allow players to collect and battle with characters and starfighters from the entire Star Wars universe, including the original trilogy and prequel films, as well as Star Wars Rebels, the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated TV shows and more.
In a blog post, John Salera, executive producer at EA Capital Games, commented:
We have a great partnership with the talented folks at Lucasfilm and Disney Interactive. It is that collaboration that has enabled us to deliver a unique mobile experience that brings the vastness of the epic Star Wars franchise into the palm of your hand.
Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes will release later this year on the iTunes App Store and Google Play.
The world of Star Wars is no stranger to mobile games, and Galaxy of Heroes isn’t the only upcoming title players have to look forward to. To be specific, Kabam and Disney recently announced the development of Star Wars: Uprising, a mobile RPG also set for release in 2015.
Check out more of our E3 2015 coverage:
- E3 2015: Bethesda Launches Fallout Shelter on iOS
- E3 2015: Bethesda Unveils New Apps for The Elder Scrolls, Fallout 4
- What Does Facebook Game Exec Peter Jonas Want From E3? Mobile
- E3 2015: Beeline Interactive Unveils Ghostbusters Puzzle Fighter for Mobile
- E3 2015: Square Enix to Bring Kingdom Hearts, Lara Croft, More to Mobile
- E3 2015: Telltale Games Announces The Walking Dead: Michonne for Mobile
- E3 2015: DotEmu Announces Titan Quest, Ys Chronicles II for Mobile
- E3 2015: 3 Queens Reveals Creeping With the Crudashians for Mobile