When Facebook introduced its Messenger Platform at F8 in March, there was speculation that third-party applications for the messaging app would eventually include games. Speculation has become reality.
The description for Doodle Draw on Google Play reads:
Draw something awesome, share with friends and see if they can guess what your drawing is in Doodle Draw!
- Pick from a delightful word list.
- Do your best Picasso impression and paint fun words with your fingers.
- Share your art with friends and see if they can guess what it is.
- Watch replays of your friends’ guesses.
- Manage your ongoing games from the home screen.
- Earn coins that can be spent on more colors.
So what are you waiting for? Install Doodle Draw today to start having loads of fun with all of your friends!
Note: this app is built for Messenger, so you’ll need a network connection and Facebook Messenger to play.
Facebook confirmed the launch of Doodle Draw for Messenger to Constine, saying:
Currently, we think Messenger Platform is best-suited for apps that focus on content creation and curated content. But one of the reasons we were excited to announce at F8 that Messenger Platform is open to all developers is to see what people build. From there, we’ll think about what else might make sense.
Readers: What are your thoughts on games via Messenger?