Facebook will have a strong presence at the dmexco 2017 conference in Cologne, Germany, Wednesday and Thursday (Sept. 13 and 14).
Executives from the social network are scheduled to participate in the following panels (all times local):
Wednesday, Sept. 13:
- From Big to Small and Back: How to Watch and Brand with Multichannel Formats, 11:10 a.m., Debate Hall: Yoav Arnstein, head of publisher solutions for Europe, the Middle East and Africa, will be part of a panel discussion on the evolving video ecosystem and how brands can capture attention across screens.
- Are We Digitally Drunk? Surviving the Marketing Transformation, 2:30 p.m., Congress Hall: Managing director of central Europe Martin Ott will participate in a panel discussion on how to curb ad fraud, clickbait and ad blocking in order to enable advertisers to succeed in the digital landscape.
- Building Community and Discovering Growth in a Mobile World, 3:20 p.m., Congress Hall: Chief operating officer Sheryl Sandberg will discuss how businesses that focus on their mission, build community around their products and communicate their values can thrive in the mobile world, as well as offering advice and leading a discussion on how brands can make meaningful connections with people they care about and find growth on Facebook’s platforms through authentic engagement.
- The Female Perspective: Empowering Women Around the Globe, 4:25 p.m., Debate Hall: Vice president of global marketing solutions Carolyn Everson will talk about being a woman in a top manager position and join other female leaders from around the world to share personal experiences and turning points in their careers.
- The Service Experiment—Chatbots: Automated Communications Driving Marketing KPIs, 5:20 p.m., Experience Hall: Messenger product manager Kemal El Moujahid will be part of a panel on how automated communications enable business to reach customers and boost revenue and brand awareness.
Thursday, Sept. 14:
- Stories on Mobile: Experimenting With Ephemerality, 11 a.m., Motion Hall: Facebook Creative Shop global lead for Instagram Kay Hsu will share tips for telling stories across mobile’s many dimensions and discuss opportunities for brands to communicate through platforms such as Instagram Stories, which include time, sound, ephemerality and vertical video.
- Video: Connecting People, Reshaping Marketing, noon, Congress Hall: Everson will join Diageo head of global digital media partnerships Jerry Daykin to discuss how marketers can keep pace with evolving video-consumption behaviors and the opportunities video presents for brands to create engaging content and connect with people.
- Creating Digital Content: New Formats, New Platforms, New Storytelling, 4:05 p.m., Experience Hall: Facebook Creative Shop head of central Europe Christina Keller will take part in a panel on trends, challenges and changes in video creation and advertising.
- How to Get Hold of Online Ads’ Success (And What’s Beyond Viewability?), 4:20 p.m., Debate Hall: Jin Choi, DACH (Germany, Austria and Switzerland) director for consumer packaged goods, retail and entertainment, will participate in a panel on of viewability, programmatic delivery and the validity of audience verification.
Facebook’s full dmexco schedule is available here.