Not satisfied with owning daytime TV, producing prime-time TV's hit of the moment and hosting a show on HGTV, Ellen DeGeneres is now going digital, launching a digital network with a slate of younger-skewing shows featuring some of the biggest names in social media.
Launching in partnership with the Warner Bros. Television Group with an announcement timed to this week's Digital Content NewFronts, the Ellen Digital Network has signed a content development deal with YouTube star Tyler Oakley, who's currently taking part in this season of The Amazing Race.
DeGeneres and Oakley will collaborate on a range of original digital projects with the aim of developing projects for TV.
"I'm so excited for the Ellen Digital Network," DeGeneres said in a statement. "I'll get to showcase amazing talents like Tyler Oakley. Plus, I'll finally prove to the world that my pets can speak in human voices."
Ellen's Pet Dish, one of six shows announced today, is an animated series that takes viewers behind the scenes at Ellen's home and chronicles her pets' animated adventures.
Other Ellen Digital Network shows
- Damn, Daniel Boyz: Ellen teams up with "Damn, Daniel" creators Joshua Holz and Daniel Lara for an original series debuting on Snapchat.
- She's Brielle-iant: This original series features 4-year-old whiz kid Brielle Milla showcasing her smarts on topics ranging from the periodic table to the human body.
- tWitch & Allison's Dance Challenge: Young dancers go head-to-head in this dance-competition series hosted and judged by choreographers Stephen "tWitch" Boss and wife Allison Holker of Dancing With the Stars.
- #MadeByYou: Ellen's team curates the best user-generated content.
- Epic or Fail: Hosted by Ellen staffer Andy Zenor, viewers play along in real time, guessing whether the results of user-generated video stunts will be a massive success or an epic fail.
DeGeneres's daytime talk show remains the top-rated talk show among 25- to 54-year-old women and has been renewed through the 2019-2020 season. DeGeneres is also a producer on NBC's Little Big Shots and hosts Ellen's Design Challenge on HGTV.
DeGeneres already ranks as the No. 1 creator of digital content online with more than half a billion views across all her platforms in March, according to Tubular Labs.