How much influence do friends and social networks have on decisions to purchase beer, wine and spirits? Gallons, according to marketing platform Crowdtap.
Crowdtap conducted a poll of consumers, and its findings included:
- 97 percent of respondents have taken peer recommendations into consideration when purchasing alcoholic beverages.
- 80 percent have purchased alcoholic beverages they discovered on social media.
- 95 percent would like to collaborate with brands on their marketing of alcoholic beverages.
- 92 percent said they would be interested in ongoing conversations with brands in the sector.
- 91 percent said friends’ comments on social media have influenced their purchase decisions.
- 72 percent use their smartphones to access social networks while shopping for beer, wine and spirits.
Readers: Would you raise a glass to Crowdtap’s findings?
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.