In yesterday’s (and today’s early morning) news, the Huffington Post has crowdsourced a new logo and paid the winner nothing but exposure. Somehow, people are surprised by this…..the LA Times pressroom will see layoffs as the paper itself shrinks…..’Essence’ seeks new writers and your face could earn you a cool quarter mil over the course of your life…among other news tidbits.
- Huffington Post Takes Heat for Crowdsourcing Logo (via FishbowlLA)
- Layoffs Coming to LA Times Pressroom (via FishbowlLA)
- Vinita Nair Filling in on NBC, MSNBC (via TVNewser)
- Essence EIC: We Are ‘Absolutely’ Looking for New Writers (via FishbowlNY)
- Beauty Impacts Hiring, Salaries and Profits, Economist Finds (via UT Austin)
- Renée Lewin Named Associate Publisher of Harper’s Bazaar (via MPA)