CQ Roll Call announced the addition of five new columnists and an audience development editor to its roles this morning. The new columnists will be writing in a revamped opinion section that will debut next week.
“I’m delighted to welcome these five insightful writers to Roll Call’s editorial lineup,” said editor in chief Melinda Henneberger in the announcement. “They’ll help make Roll Call the go-to source for political insight in 2016.”
The crew of new columnists include:
- Congressional and White House reporter Jonathan Allen, co-author of Hillary Clinton bio HRC. For Allen, this marks a return to his first DC-based job, a reporter for CQ.
- Daily Caller senior contributor Matt Lewis
- Daily Beast columnist and CitizenJane Media founder Patricia Murphy
- Political and public opinion analyst Leslie Sanchez
- Brennan Center fellow Walter Shapiro, who has covered the past nine presidential campaigns and counting.
In addition, Andrew Breiner will join Roll Call as its audience development editor later this month. He arrives from ThinkProgress, where he is the deputy digital editor.