CNN has added six staffers to the online video development group in New York, FishbowlNY has learned. They include vets from News Corp., Reuters and Fast Company.
CNN Digital Managing Editor Meredith Artley calls video is “a top, top, top priority” for 2014 and beyond. The staffers will join the group led by Chris Berend, CNN Digital’s VP of video development.
- Vivek Kem joins CNN from Fast Company. Berend wrote that Kem will “work closely with Mike Senzon to keep us sharp, creative and proactive in our programming.”
- Jonathan Reyes comes to CNN from Visualy, where he served as creative director. Reyes will work with CNN’s designers and producers.
- John Tortora joins from News Corp. “He is a gearhead with style and massive creativity, along with a seemingly infinite willingness to help,” wrote Berend.
- Connor Boal was most recently with Now This News. Berend explained that Boal “understands how to plug into social news conversations with smart stories.”
- Jackson Loo will serve as a producer for CNN. He, like Boal, was formerly with News Corp.
- Deb Brunswick has been with CNN since 2006, most recently serving as photographer/editor/producer for The Next List. “I just know that any time I asked someone in the building about Deb they wouldn’t stop saying great things about her,” wrote Berend.