Canva examined more than 1 million recent photos on Instagram, and its findings included:
- Gingham, Juno and Lark were the second-most favorite photo filters in the most states, and they were joined by Valencia on the list of third-most-popular filters by state.
- Worldwide, the second-most-popular filters in terms of number of countries were Juno, Valencia and Gingham, with Lark joining the list of third-most-popular filters by country.
- Valencia was the most popular filter used in nature photos.
- Kelvin was tops in average likes per Instagram post with the #fashion hashtag, at 162.
- For posts with the #food hashtag, Skyline led with an average of 91 likes.
- However, when it came to selfies, Normal (no filter) had the most average likes per post, at 78.
Readers: Which Instagram photo filters are your favorites?