The influencer conversation platform will demonstrate its Live Prompter mobile visualization tool—BumeBox described it as “mobile cue cards”—at Facebook’s F8 2016 global developers conference in San Francisco.
BumeBox, a Facebook Media Solutions partner, said Live Prompter is currently available to select media partners, and it described some of the tool’s features in a release:
- Relevant comments: See subsets of fan comments around relevant discussion topics based on the identity of the host.
- Mobile-optimized visualization: “Cue card” style optimized font with the ability to throttle comments as needed.
- Top-level summary: High-level audience insights including number of comments, likes and shares.
- Overall discussion themes: Intelligent discussion topic discovery based on unsupervised machine learning and semantic clustering.
- Filtering: Anti-spam algorithm prevents trolls from hijacking the live comment feed.
BumeBox CEO Jon Fahrner added:
Live video hosts are consistently overwhelmed on Facebook because their broadcasts attract 10 times more comments than usual. Frankly, it’s humanly impossible to keep up with. BumeBox’s newest product, Live Prompter, leverages proprietary intelligence to suggest comments related to the host’s identity, current projects or career achievements.
For a long time, we have seen live TV and radio incorporate audience participation. The difference with live social video is that fan participation needs to be qualified automatically in real-time. We are providing an intelligent view of massive community discussions. This will make live video events easier to navigate and more engaging because it will reinforce authentic conversation while eliminating dead air.
Extra TV will debut Live Prompter with a Facebook Live question-and-answer session with We the Kings, one of the headliners for this year’s Vans Warped Tour, at the Troubador in Los Angeles Saturday.
Readers: What are your initial impressions of Live Prompter from BumeBox?