It is my pleasure to present FishbowlDC’s 2014 Best Selfies in Politics and the Media.
Cory Booker wins the award for ‘volume’ of selfies, while ‘quality’ goes to… Well, you decide.
2. Everyone’s favorite scientists, Bill Nye “the science guy” and astrophysicist, Neil deGrasse Tyson, with President Barack Obama at the White House for the Student Film Festival.
3. Senators, Cory Booker and Rand Paul, find some common ground on Politico.
10th in my 99 part Instagram series: Selfies With My Fellow Senators. Here with Rand Paul of Kentucky. Across party lines Senator Paul and I have found common ground around the urgent need to reform our criminal justice system and address the anguished and expensive reality of mass incarceration of nonviolent offenders in the USA. We also bonded over our respect for the holiday of Festivus (Senator Paul has a long list of grievances). #BipartisanshipARealAndNeededFeatOfStrenght
4. A Total Frat Move favorite: Brad Paisley and former President George H.W. Bush.
5. Vice President Joe Biden breaks onto the Instagram scene with the President.
6. My boy, Jake Weber snaps the epic selfie with Senator Marco Rubio during a flight delay.
7. CNN’s Jake Tapper crushing it with Joel McHale before White House Correspondents Dinner.
8. Neil deGrasse Tyson and Corey Booker on the set of “The Colbert Report”
“For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You’d be surprised how far that gets you.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson I had the honor of meeting Neil DeGrasse Tyson last night during the final episode of Colbert. Truly a caring soul. One of my favorite selfies ever.
9. Univision’s Jorge Ramos with Bill Gates before another big-name interview.