Some hump-day notes:
- An email we got last night on CNN and the worm: “It was as if THEIR computer problems meant all of the rest of us who obviously are still up and running were obviously doomed. They should have STOPPED reporting while ON AIR– taken a deep breath and tried to figure out what the story was before they turned it into an international computer disaster. Pull the transcript: what CNN did was incredible.” Well, TVNewser has done just that and is questioning whether CNN’s flood-the-zone coverage was appropriate yesterday.
- We’re also happy to note that, as of late this morning, Blackberry access has been restored to most of the ABC News Washington bureau, after some 17 hours offline in some cases. It’s a miracle they managed to get the news out.
- On a completely unrelated topic, Media Matters is asking whether the Washington Times ripped off a John Fund column.
- Mrs. Alan Greenspan, NBC’s Andrea Mitchell, fresh off being manhandled in Africa, answers 10 questions.
- And it’s clear that Maureen Dowd didn’t lose anything while she was on book leave.