Online retail giant Amazon wants to help brands give things away via social media.
Amazon announced the launch of Amazon Giveaway, which streamlines the process for marketers, businesses, artists, bloggers and other entities that wish to create and host their own giveaways of prizes.
Interested parties can go to the Amazon Giveaway page or find the eligible items they wish to offer as prizes on Amazon and click “set up a giveaway,” after which they will be prompted to enter information including details, custom content and the number of entrants who will receive the giveaway items.
Amazon said Amazon Giveaway users can award up to 50 prizes per giveaway, with a total value of up to $5,000.
Amazon vice president of consumer marketing Steve Shure said in a release introducing Amazon Giveaway:
The idea of running giveaway promotions is easy. They are a really effective way to attract attention and build engagement, but giveaways often come with hidden costs and complexities, which makes the reality of running one hard. Amazon Giveaway is the first self-service tool that takes care of all the hard work of a giveaway, from setting up all of the rules to shipping prizes directly to winners.
Digital marketing expert Ken Wisnefski shared the following takeaways about the new feature from the retail giant:
- People love free stuff, so giveaways are an extremely effective promotional marketing tool for building brand awareness, generating leads and building an engaged audience on social media.
- Marketers have been able to acquire valuable leads and prospects through creative and targeted contests.
- While brands may lose revenue on the initial scenario, over time, they can build brand loyalty and have more recurring sales.
- Amazon’s streamlining of the giveaway process with tons of real physical items will make it easier than ever for marketers and small businesses to manage and engage this technique with potential leads.
- Amazon’s feature also allows contest hosts to connect their Twitter accounts and exchange entry into the giveaway for a Twitter follow.
- Giveaways are great promotional tool outside of brands, as well; they can help raise awareness for causes, artists, nonprofits and events.
- Despite its initial cost, people looking for a quick and easy path toward notably higher engagement will definitely find it utilizing this tool.
Readers: What are your initial impressions of Amazon Giveaway?