Are you excited about creating best-in-class products offering great user experiences? Are you a pro at gathering requirements, creating wireframes and running user test experiments? Do you have a great design touch? Are you obsessed with the latest technologies and how users are interacting with them? Do you want to help completely reimagine and reshape the look and feel of an entire lineup of content and e-commerce sites?
We are currently seeking an energetic, experienced UX Designer to join our digital product team. In this role, you will be responsible for handling all user experience across a wide variety of products and platforms. You will develop and lead all user testing and you’ll also bring new ideas and concepts to life with rapid prototypes. This is an excellent opportunity to play a major role in helping to grow our audience and transform the way in which our millions of users engage with our products.
Responsibilities include (not limited to):
• Own user experience for all digital products
• Meet daily with internal technical teams (daily scrum group)
• Work closely with the product team across all phases of projects
• Identify enhancements to existing Adweek digital products
• Gather requirements from a variety of stakeholders (editorial, marketing, sales)
• Help define workflows and UX/UI requirements per project (create personas as needed, conduct interviews, research, iterate etc.)
• Develop and manage all research and user testing initiatives
• Provide detailed specifications/documentation/wireframes to the development team
• Create rapid prototypes of feature sets and products
• Present use-cases, ideas, feature sets and prototypes to key stakeholders/management
• Stay well-informed about the latest design concepts, trends, techniques and technologies
• Bachelor’s degree
• 4-6 years experience in UX design, particularly in an agile environment
• Experience with responsive design
• Proficient in wireframing tools such as Omnigraffle and Axure
• Ability to create rapid prototypes for multiple platforms
• Experience in conducting user test interviews and experiments
• Knowledge of project management principles, techniques and tools (JIRA, Confluence, Basecamp etc.)
• An understanding of current web technologies, basic web development principles, site architecture, and online user experience best practices
• Ability to troubleshoot and creatively problem solve
This is a full-time salaried position. It is located at our East Village offices in Manhattan.
To apply (applications not addressing the following will not be considered):
1. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with ‘UX Designer’ in the subject line.
2. Specify your salary requirements.
3. In your cover letter, explain why you think you would be a good fit at Adweek in this role. Please be sure to also include any links to your portfolio or other work samples.