Do you have a clean design aesthetic and obsess over pixel perfect execution? Are you fascinated with the way users interact and engage with digital products? Do you find yourself getting captivated by the subtleties of a perfectly responsive navigation? Do you want to help completely reimagine and reshape the look and feel of an entire lineup of content and e-commerce sites?
Adweek/Mediabistro is currently on the lookout for an experienced Product Designer to join our digital product team.
We are seeking a designer who has a keen eye for detail, understands UX process best practices, adheres to deadlines and works well in a collaborative team environment. This role reports directly to the Director of UX and will be responsible for defining and creating a variety of experiences across all facets of our brands. This is an excellent opportunity to play a major role in helping to grow our audience and transform the way in which our millions of users engage with our products.
This is a full-time salaried position. It is located at our downtown Manhattan headquarters.
Responsibilities include (not limited to):
- Responsive, mobile web, CMS/form and responsive/adaptive email design
- Design pixel perfect visuals for digital products
- Work effectively within an iterative process
- Produce high-fidelity prototypes
- Create and adhere to style guides
- Translate wireframes to visual design comps
- Iterate revisions and implement design principles across all products
- Annotate work to communicate clear and concise interactions for front end developers
- Anticipate use cases with impeccable attention to detail
- Work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years experience
- Highly creative, detail-oriented and passionate about delivering the best experience possible
- Diverse portfolio demonstrating solid design skills
- Understanding of interactive design principles, UX/UI design, best practices and usability
- Proficiency with MacOSX, Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator
- Familiarity with WordPress, Drupal, CSS, HTML, JS (coding skills not a requirement)
- Experienced with prototyping software such as Axure & Invision
- Works well under strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently and juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working in an agile development environment a plus
To apply (applications no addressing the following will not be considered):
1. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with 'Product Designer' in the subject line.
2. Specify your salary requirements.
3. In your cover letter, explain why you think you would be a good fit at Adweek/Mediabistro in this role. Please be sure to also include any links to your portfolio or other work samples.