New features of 8thBridge Graphite include:
- Curation & Discovery: Users of Facebook and other social networks can now create boards or collections of their favorite items directly on brands’ websites, and their boards and collections can be shared on their Facebook timelines, news feeds, and tickers, as well as viewed by other shoppers on the sites.
- Social Expressions: In addition to open graph actions such as must have, obsessed, and wearing, users can now share their feelings on promotional campaigns, blog posts, videos, and purchases.
- Social Ratings: Customers can share product reviews on brands’ websites and via Facebook.
- Social Rewards: Retailers can provide incentives for users who are advocates of their brands to log in and share content.
- Social Login: Users can now seamlessly log into brands’ sites with their credentials from Facebook or other social networks.
8thBridge Chief Product Officer Jon Kubo said:
Our platform captures the essence of social commerce — providing brand advocates with engaging ways to provide social recommendations around the products they love. This earned media is now shoppable by everyone, not just the 5 percent that share.
Founder and CEO Wade Gerten added:
Our customers didn’t want to have multiple authentication for their shoppers. We are integrating login for all social features to create one seamless social shopping experience for customers. For most brands, social login alone isn’t valuable. The bigger value is to create an exclusive, member-only area of the site that you have to login to access.