Facebook Security’s wish list is:
- Adopt two-factor authentication and require it for all of your employees. If you have a consumer-facing service, give them an option at minimum.
- Help close friends and family lock down their systems and accounts (you’re often the first line of defense, and you can help them get set up with unique passwords and two-factor authentication).
- Increase system logging and review system logs more automatically/systematically. Consider open-source tools like osquery to identify anomalies in your operating system more easily.
- Use an egress firewall on individual machines to set up a barrier and help prevent malicious data from leaving the network.
- Use an HSM (hardware security module) for rarely used but important cryptographic key materials.
- Upgrade your password management for administrative and named accounts.
- Become more aware of third-party code and audit it appropriately.
Readers: Anything to add?
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.