Black Friday, that frenzied day-after Thanksgiving shopping day of coupons, doorbusters and mad stampedes, is less than two weeks away. That means for anyone planning to brave the crowds on Nov. 29, it’s time to get prepared and know which stores you want to hit and who will have that holiday laptop sale for even less. Bring in the apps.
Search Black Friday in the App Store and you’ll get 84 results, from deal aggregators to goofy Thanksgiving-themed games and wallpapers. But if you’re a Black Friday shopper, it’s all about the deal. So here are five FREE apps that will sort, track, rank and otherwise help you stay on top of 2013’s best savings.
Five free Black Friday deal apps
1. BFAds (iOS): “The BFAds.net Black Friday app lets you plan your Black Friday shopping trip weeks in advance as it provides you with early access to the season’s best sale advertisements and deals from major retailers. Browse the ads by store or category, read the latest sale news and even create your own shopping list to take with you to the store on the big day. Your shopping list syncs across the website and the app, and an offline mode allows you to access your shopping list without a data connection.”
2. Fat Wallet (iOS/Android): “Search deals by store, category, brand, price or doorbusters. Compare 100+ major store ads, page by page with product/price details. Shop through to any store or directly from app via FatWallet Checkout. Save deals to Wish Lists for quick in-store reference. Share deals via email or text with friends and family.”
3. TGI Black Friday (iOS/Android): “View Black Friday ads for all major retail stores, with frequent updates. Download PDF Black Friday Ad Scans. Search thousands of Black Friday deals across stores and categories. Create a personal shopping list to check off items as you purchase them on Black Friday. Compare prices for items to confirm you are getting the best deal on Black Friday. Shop online for items that may be available before Black Friday. Instant push notifications when new ads are leaked.”
4. BlackFriday.fm from Sazze (iOS/Android): “Get breaking news and leaked ads in real time. Check out store circulars and advertisements. Search for deals by store or category. View discounted products and prices. Get notifications on the latest news and sales. Create your very own shopping list.”
5. Black Friday Coupons Shopular (iOS/Android): “Black Friday 2013 Ads and Coupons updated daily. Get alerts on Black Friday ads as they are released. You will find the best selection of in-store mobile coupons & deals and weekly ads for your favorite stores like Macy’s, Kohl’s, Aeropostale, Payless Shoes and more. Shopular is the coupon app that…sales will pop up automatically as soon as you reach the mall. You simply go shopping at your favorite mall and TING, your favorite mall coupons & mall deals will magically pop up on your phone.”