Shareholders interested in attending must have been shareholders of record as of April 16, and Facebook said they will be admitted on a first-come, first-served basis, adding:
Each stockholder should be prepared to present valid government-issued photo identification, such as a driver’s license or passport.
Stockholders holding their shares through a broker, bank, trustee, or nominee must bring proof of beneficial ownership as of the record date, such as their most recent account statement reflecting their stock ownership prior to April 16, 2013; a copy of the voting instruction card provided by their broker, bank, trustee, or nominee; or similar evidence of ownership.
Use of cameras, recording devices, computers and other electronic devices, such as smartphones and tablets, will not be permitted at the meeting. Photography and video are prohibited at the meeting. Please allow ample time for check-in. Parking is limited. Please consider using public transportation. For security reasons, Stockholders should be prepared to pass through metal detectors prior to entering the meeting. Please note that large bags and packages will not be allowed at the meeting. Persons will be subject to search.
According to the company’s proxy statement, the five items on the agenda are:
- The re-election of the eight current members of the board of directors: Marc Andreessen, Erskine Bowles, Susan Desmond-Hellmann, Donald Graham, Reed Hastings, Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg, Peter Thiel, and Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg.
- A nonbinding advisory vote on the company’s compensation program for executive officers.
- A nonbinding advisory vote on whether the vote described above should occur every year, every two years, or every three years.
- Ratifying the appointment of Ernst & Young as Facebook’s independent registered public accounting firm for the fiscal year ending Dec. 31.
- To transact such other business as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournment or postponement thereof.
Zuckerberg’s letter to shareholders follows:
To Our Stockholders:
You are cordially invited to attend the 2013 annual meeting of stockholders of Facebook, to be held at the Westin San Francisco Airport, located at 1 Old Bayshore Highway, Millbrae, Calif., 94030, June 11, 2013, at 11 a.m. Pacific Time.
The matters expected to be acted upon at the meeting are described in detail in the accompanying notice of annual meeting of stockholders and proxy statement.
You may cast your vote over the Internet, by telephone, or by completing and returning the enclosed proxy card in the postage-prepaid envelope to ensure that your shares will be represented. Your vote by proxy will ensure your representation at the annual meeting regardless of whether or not you attend in person. Returning the proxy does not deprive you of your right to attend the meeting and to vote your shares in person.
We look forward to seeing you at the meeting.
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Menlo Park, Calif.
Readers: Will you attempt to attend the annual meeting, or view the webcast?
June 11 image courtesy of Shutterstock.