Inspired by a possibly fictitious Japanese product of the same name, novelty retailer Better Than Pants has released its own version of the Baby Mop—a baby outfit with mop-like material on the underside that allows your otherwise work-averse offspring to clean the house as he crawls around it. The company offers these five reasons for buying one:
• Teach your baby a strong work ethic early on in their life.
• Your baby will learn not to drop and waste food.
• Baby will get a nice workout, burn off energy, and do muscle toning. And sleep better too!
• Not having to clean your floors saves you time so you can spend it doing things you enjoy.
• Save lots of money on house cleaning costs.
The downsides, not listed, mostly involve issues of humiliation. But that's a small price to pay for a sparkling clean floor.