Well, here's a pretty damn gross ad. This Pfizer advisory from the U.K., which we won't spoil for you, warns consumers against buying unregulated medicine on the Internet. It got 64 complaints from viewers, most of whom found it unduly distressing and offensive. Pfizer responded by saying the ad was inspired by a woman who died in 2006 from taking medicine contaminated with rat poison. That was good enough for the U.K.'s Ad Standards Authority, which dismissed the complaints. Frankly, the only thing that troubles me about the ad is the mixed message therein. Without taking those pills, who knows how long that thing would have been stuck in the poor guy's esophagus?
—Posted by David Kiefaber