A-Team Adds Advisors

NEW YORK Three senior associates have joined A-Team Advisors: Richard Corman will focus on finance, Mary King on executive recruiting and Margo Kornfeld, on direct marketing, relationship and integrated marketing.

King is based in San Francisco; the other two associates are located in New York.

Corman is the former CFO at the New York office of Nitro, an independent shop, and Kornfeld had been president of BackLot Marketing Solutions in Scarsdale, N.Y. Since 2001, King has run her own recruiting firm in San Francisco.

The associates join A-Team principals Bill Nicholson, Peter Garritsen and Jerry Gibbons, who, along with Ann Billock, launched the consultancy in June 2005.

Billock left in March to forge a partnership with Russel Wohlwerth. They are managing Porsche’s current $25 million creative review.

A-Team also has forged affiliations with five outside consultancies: the Javelin Group in Alexandria, Va., Conroy Public Relations in Boston, Weir Financial Services in Minneapolis, Kathleen Ruane Communications in New York and the Robert Herman Co., based here.

About 65 percent of the consultancy’s business comes from agencies, both in the U.S and abroad, said Nicholson. Marketers supply the remaining 35 percent, he added.