The Advertising Club in New York recently named its leadership and board of directors for 2010-11.
• With the installment of Gina Grillo, executive director, to the position of president this year, Thom Gruhler (shown) , president, McCann Erickson New York, moves from Ad Club president to chairman.
• Ian Parmiter, svp, integrated ad sales marketing, Discovery Networks, was named chairman emeritus.
• Beth-Ann Eason, gm and COO, Beliefnet, enters her second year as svp.
• Laurel Rossi, president, Strategy Farm, continues her position as vp.
• Mari Kim Novak, senior director, global agencies, industries and insights, Microsoft, has been promoted from director to vp.
• Ron Fierman, CEO, Digital Pulp, remains treasurer.
The five new board members are:
• Jerry Canning, industry director, financial, Google.
• Tim Castelli, vp, Eastern sales, AOL.
• Marie Devlin, svp, advertising, media and sponsorships, American Express.
• Audrey Siegel, president, director of client services, TargetCast:tcm.
• Marty St. George, svp, marketing and commercial strategy, JetBlue Airways.
The new Young Professionals Committee president is Ori Zohar, senior account executive, Universal McCann (and former Ad Club intern), who was last year’s recipient of the Ad Club’s Rising Star Award.
This year’s Rising Star Award for outstanding support in program development and social and educational event planning for the Young Professional unit goes to
Dina Gold, Facebook.
The nine executives who are receiving President’s Awards for exceptional contributions and consistent commitment to Ad Club initiatives and programs are:
• Peter Bauer, vp, corporate sales and marketing, Time Inc.
• Beth-Ann Eason, gm, COO, Beliefnet.
• Kelly Foster-Shapiro, senior partner, print, GroupM.
• Ed Kelly, president and CEO, American Express Publishing.
• Laurel Rossi, president, Strategy Farm.
• Matt Scheckner, president and CEO, Stillwell Partners.
• Angelo Scialfa, president, Fox Run Group.
• Rick Song, senior director, U.S. sales, Microsoft Advertising.
• Ginger Taylor-White, group account director, Print Services, Carat USA.
Six members who are retiring from the board were recognized for their dedication and service: Tom Harty, Meredith Publishing Co. (since 2007); Stephen Block (since 1999); Gill Duff, DDB (since 2007); Rachel Goldflam, David Yurman (since 2008); Marnie Kain-Cacossa, Saatchi & Saatchi (since 2008); and Jerry Shereshewsky, grownupmarketing.com (since 2007).