Hate shopping for groceries? You'll like this year's Grand Prix winner in the Media Lions contest at Cannes.
Cheil Worldwide in South Korea took home the coveted prize for creating a virtual grocery store in a Seoul subway for Tesco (the British chain that's been renamed Homeplus in Korea). The shelves are laid out just like a physical store, and the items are fully shoppable via smartphones and QR codes. People waiting for their trains can scan items right into an online cart, with the items to be delivered to their homes. A case-study video is here.
After the jump, a list of all the Gold Lion winners in Media.
Here are the other Gold Lion winners in Media:
• Hakuhodo Dy Media Partners Tokyo for Iwate Nippo
• Ogilvy Frankfurt for Sportscheck
• Ogilvy Paris for Europcar
• Kempertrautmann Hamburg for Initiative Vermisste Kinder
• Manning Gottlieb Omd London for Nissan/Sony PlayStation
• PHD London for A.G. Barr
• MPG Mexico for Nike
• Jung von Matt Hamburg for WWF
• MPG Boston for Fidelity Investments
• Starcom Mediavest Group San Juan for Procter & Gamble
• Lodestar Um Mumbai for L'Oréal
• Starcom Oslo for Kaizers Orchestra
• Memac Ogilvy Label Tunisia for Brand Collective