Meltzer & Martin Public Relations, Dallas, was retained by the Dallas-based Kennedy Group to provide public relations support. The Kennedy Group bills itself as the nation’s largest wholesaler of decorative accessories and gifts.
Inspire Insurance Solutions, Fort Worth, selected Witherspoon & Associates, Fort Worth, to handle its advertising and media relations activities.
Targetbase Marketing International, part of The M/A/R/C Group in Irving, purchased a 25 percent stake in Intelligent Database Marketing, headquartered in Middlesbrough, England. As part of the agreement, TMI has the option to require the remaining 75 percent of IDM over the next two years.
The Lord Group, Fort Worth, has signed an affiliation with DMB&G Associates, which provides consulting services to retail clients. DMB&G was recently launched by David Beckerman, a former Tandy Corp. executive.
The Bagwell Agency, Dallas, was the only local ad agency recognized at the Dallas 100 Awards, which tracks the 100 fastest-growing, privately held companies during the previous three years.
Makos Advertising, Austin, created a new Web site for Trilogy, a front-office software development firm based in Austin. The site is at www.trilogy.com.
Three pieces created by GibbsBaronet, Dallas, will be included in Print’s 1997 Southwest annual. The entries were a print ad for Colbert’s women’s clothes, a brochure for Nortel and a birth announcement.
Aries Productions, Arlington, produced a video for Midlothian-based Chaparral Steel. The company is using the corporate video to position itself as a favorable community partner.
Stuart Bacon, Fort Worth, was named agency of record for LifeGift Organ Donation Center in Fort Worth. The agency will manage all public/media relations, special event planning and crisis communications strategy.
Dale Carman, creative studios director and animator at Reel FX, Dallas, used Discreet Logic’s Flame to ink and paint a series of tapes for ShowBiz Pizza Time. The 60-minute videos are used in conjunction with shows in all 320 Chuck E. Cheese restaurants nationwide.
The Communications Group, Little Rock, was awarded a contract to develop a new driving safety campaign for the traffic safety section of the Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Depart-ment. The agency will launch a multimedia campaign this fall under the theme, “Arkansas drive for life: buckled, sober and safe.”
A.K.A. Advertising, Lafayette, picked up agency of record duties for River Ranch, a multimillion-dollar real estate development in Lafayette.
Martin & Martin, Little Rock, was named agency of record for Central Bank & Trust Co., a financial institution with five branches in Little Rock. Its first work for the client uses the tagline, “Where serious money banks.”
Visual Image, Oklahoma City, was tapped by the Oklahoma Department of Transportation to develop an anti-litter campaign. The agency’s contract on the account runs through 1999.