As we wind down for the holidays, we're looking back at the stories that were most popular among Adweek.com readers over the course of the year. Today, we look at stories from our Advertising & Branding channel. Check back over the next few days to see similar recaps of our Tech, TV and AdFreak sections.
Here are the 50 most read advertising and branding stories on Adweek.com in 2016:
50. Arnold Schwarzenegger Wishes He Were Running for President This Year
49. Ad of the Day: Cookie Monster Bakes, and Frets, and Pleads With Siri, in Funny iPhone Ad
48. What Branding Experts Think About Coca-Cola's New Product-Centric Campaign
47. Ad of the Day: Nike Celebrates the 'Iron Nun', an 86-Year-Old Triathlete With God on Her Side
46. What the Advertising Industry Can Do to Finally Create Gender Equality
45. Before Banana Republic Was Mainstream Fashion, It Was a Weirdly Wonderful Safari Brand
44. Here Are Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton's Final 2-Minute Ads
43. What Michael Phelps Loves About His Under Armour Ad, and Why He's Never Worn Nike
42. Ad of the Day: Marco Polo Struggles With His Own Pool Game in Geico's New Campaign
41. Gary Vaynerchuk Apologizes for Cannes Party Invite Seeking 'Attractive Females Only'
40. The 'World's Biggest Asshole' Teaches You About Organ Donation in This New Campaign
39. A 56-Year-Old Model Will Be an Ad Star in Sports Illustrated's 2016 Swimsuit Issue
38. Yes, You're Tired of Hearing About Pokemon Go. But Here Are 5 Things to Learn From Its Success
37. Moms From This N.Y. Agency Offer Hilarious Advice to Their Kids in New Outdoor Campaign
36. Why Do So Many People Go Crazy for Wegmans?
35. Why So Many People Leave Advertising
34. Chick-fil-A Drops The Richards Group After More Than 2 Decades
33. Super Bowl Ad Tracker: Everything We Know About 2016's Commercials
32. Ad Strategist Sentenced to 5-7 Years in Prison for Faking $269 Million in Client Contracts
31. KFC Swaps Out Norm Macdonald for Jim Gaffigan as Its Latest 'Real' Colonel
30. Ad of the Day: Samsung Combines the World's Anthems Into One Beautiful Song for Rio 2016
29. The New Generation of Hybrid Creatives Is Here. Is Your Agency Ready for Them?
28. Hillary Clinton Releases a Powerful New Ad With Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado
27. The 10 Best Ads of 2016
26. Ad of the Day: Meet Irritabelle, Your Irritable Bowel Sidekick, in Campy Ads for Viberzi
25. Bud Light's Popular NFL Team Cans Are Back With a New Minimalist Design
24. Ad of the Day: Forget 'Plus Size.' JCPenney Just Bravely Stood Up for 'Fat Girls'
23. Heinz Releases the (Adorable) Hounds in This Hilarious Super Bowl Commercial
22. Ad of the Day: Axe Gets Inclusive in a Remarkable Ad That's Really Pretty Magical
21. Here's the Real Story Behind This Simply Perfect Anti-Donald Trump Billboard
20. MasterCard Explains Its New Logo, Both What's New and What Isn't
19. Benicio del Toro Would Like to Remind You Who He Is in Self-Mocking Heineken Ads
18. Why Under Armour's Michael Phelps Ad Is One of the Most Shared Olympics Spots Ever
17. Quiz: Which Marketing or Media Job Is Right for You?
16. The 5 Best Ads of Super Bowl 50
15. PETA Opened a High-End Leather Store, but Inside the Goods Was Something Horrible
14. 25 Campaigns That Will Win Lions in Cannes
13. The World's 24 Best Commercials of 2015-2016
12. Hillary Clinton Just Went on Between Two Ferns, and It's Hilarious
11. Bayer Disowns Controversial Lion-Winning Ad, Saying BBDO Made It Just to Win Awards
10. Entitled? Try Empowered: Why Millennials Work the Way They Do
9. 50 Creatives Whose Brilliant Ideas and Beautiful Craft Will Make You Jealous
8. This Darkly Clever Billboard for a Funeral Home Leaves Toronto Motorists Aghast
7. Here Are the Many, Many Ways Your Business Can Get in Trouble for Tweeting the Olympics
6. 100 Male Agency Staffers Read Heartbreaking Quotes From Their Female Co-Workers
5. Organic Valley Shows What Real Women Actually Have Time for in the Morning
4. How Nike Brilliantly Ruined Olympic Marketing Forever
3. Kohl's Sent a Star Wars Treasure Trove to the Woman Behind the Megaviral Chewbacca Video
2. Instagram's New Logo Is a Travesty. Can We Change It Back? Please?
1. Ad of the Day: Heineken Found the Perfect Victim for This Hilarious Soccer Prank