Over the last hour, a couple of tipsters have sent us what appears to be a brief memo sent from AKQA founder Ajaz Ahmed to staff regarding a slew of new promotions across the board from San Francisco to Amsterdam. We’re checking with the newly christened WPP agency to get some verification on the matter, but you can see the note verbatim for yourself below of what the new leadership looks like at the digital network.
In recognition of their contribution to our clients and company, I’m delighted to announce a number of promotions that are effective immediately.
Please join me in congratulating the team:
– Guy Wieynk promoted to Vice President, International
– Stuart Sproule promoted to Managing Director, International Operations & Talent
– Simon Jefferson promoted to Managing Director, San Francisco
– Erik Rogstad promoted to Managing Director, Washington DC
– Scott Symonds promoted to Managing Director, Media
– Matthew Bain promoted to Managing Director, Amsterdam
These promotions give us more agility, organisation and focus as we work together to unlock the tremendous opportunities ahead.
With thanks and best wishes,
Let’s give you a little background on a few of these folks if you need. Wieynk has served as AKQA European MD and was tasked with leading the newly opened Paris office at the beginning of the year. Symonds has been with AKQA for five years, joining from Agency.com and Sproule has had an 11-year run at AKQA, most recently serving as MD for the San Francisco and Shanghai offices.