-After spending fifteen months at Ogilvy and a year of freelancing, CP+B alum Gerard Caputo has joined up as CD at BBH New York leading work on accounts including Johnnie Walker, Hotels & Resorts and Newell Rubbermaid.
-Minneapolis-based IPG agency Campbell Mithun has promoted CFO Steve Arndt to COO while adding seven new hires which you can read about verbatim from CM after the jump.
– Ignited has appointed Initiative alums Stacy Sanchez and Rich Kim as group media directors out of the agency’s LA office.
-LatinWorks has parted ways with Chevy, saying in a statement, “After more than four years, the agency’s relationship with Chevy will be coming to an end as part of a consolidation of their global advertising operations, which will result in the move of their multicultural creative campaign development to its global agency network. Over the past couple of years, Chevy has been gradually transitioning their advertising development towards IPG, and minority-owned LatinWorks is 49% Omnicom.
In addition, the agency’s president/CCO Sergio Alcocer says, “We had a tremendous ride with the Chevy brand for the past four years, starting with the launch of Cruze which was one of the most successful launches in the company’s history. Agency consolidations like this one happen every day in our industry, sometimes in our favor and sometimes against us. LatinWorks just experienced the most successful year in our history and we are looking forward to continued growth in 2014 that includes further expansion into the total market and creating quality work that reflects the new and diverse culture of our country.”
-The two-day inaugural Lions Health event is now open for delegate registration and has announced its first speakers including Shirley Bergin, COO of TEDMED and James Cheung, global CD of TBWA/WorldHealth. link
- Andrea Brazelton, interactive media strategy supervisor: Though a Minnesota native, Andrea recently relocated from North Carolina where she worked at McKinney on Nationwide Insurance, Nationwide Financial and Mizuno brands. She also spent time at Medthink, a healthcare and pharmaceutical marketing agency. When asked what she couldn’t live without she replied: “Paper and a pen. I need somewhere to write down thoughts, notes, dreams and corrections – or I end up scribbling on napkins with lipstick.”
- Patricia Erskine, interactive media strategy supervisor: Over the past six years, Patricia has contributed to explosive growth of Hotel.com and Expedia brands by leading digital media planning, research, creative development and econometric/media-mix analysis efforts across online and brand channels. Two of her favorite quotes: “Say hello to my little friend” (Scarface) and “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it” (Thatcher).
- Travis Galloway, senior developer: Recent software development projects for Travis include work for United Hardware Distributing Co., Be the Match, TempWorks Software and Target. He says he couldn’t live without “Chips and Salsa. Maybe my family. Depends on how long it’s been since a meal.”
- Gloria Ledebuhr, talent acquisition specialist: A savvy recruiter with experience in corporate and agency settings, Gloria most recently served CBRE’s client accounting services group and, prior to that, was lead recruiter for 3M’s Consumer and Office business division. Her biggest pet peeve: “Bad drivers – especially bad drivers in really nice cars.”
- Charlie Poey, senior project manager: Charlie has put a left-brain, right-brain combo of art and technology together throughout his career, which most recently includes eight years as project manager and engineer at Target Corporation. One of his favorite quotes: “The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn and re-learn.”
- John Schmit, designer: Grounded in graphic design, John’s career has most recently centered on user interface design for Best Buy Corporation and creative production online design for Target. If he had to be in a talent show, he’d breakdance — do the moonwalk.
- Christopher Spong, community manager: Christopher served as platform expert and community manager for Target and as social media specialist at Lola Red PR. He couldn’t live without his five-month old Corgi, named Charlie Tuna, and enjoys photography, painting, alpine ski racing, SCUBA diving and running.