It’s Friday! That means it is time to entertain you with internet videos. Holy holy holy cow. Get excited! Get motivated! Get your stuff done so you can dip out early for summer Fridays. Also, remember when people used to say “I’m dippin” etc? WTF were we thinking
7. Here, AMC makes a pretty nifty point. After being booted from Dish Network, they got their thinking caps on and decided to dress up folks as zombies and have them pretend to be normal New Yawkas. I won’t spoil it, but I will say that I want to see a zombie actor in real life, so I will be prepared for the real deal.
6. FedEx — it’s not just a brand in a movie anymore. The boys over in the ad department whipped up what could actually turn out to be a stellar campaign. Here, a rock band’s manager gets mad at the hellish ghouls he represents for not being badass enough. Then FedEx comes in and it all just works.
5. There is really no way to explain this video, which came out mid July in Korea and has since made its way ’round the globe. Just watch.
4. Now for some time in sad land. Every year, residents of Warsaw, Poland, stop and stand very still for one minute to honor those who died during the Warsaw Uprising in 1944, which according to the YouTube description took more than 200,000 lives.
3. And to lift you up, here’s a Kenyan flash mob with 400 dancers in support of the country’s Olympic team.
2. How about this for something you haven’t seen. To demonstrate what it’s like for freelancers to get screwed by their employer, the kids at dontgetscrewedover.com made this interesting little nugget. Do you agree that this is what it’s like?
1. Congressman Hank Johnson of the Georgia 4th (that’s how they say it in West Wing) took a minute to address the availability of individuals’ data online and the need to protect it — and more importantly, the need to prevent another SOPA. With SOPA, says Johnson, “We learned we better consult the folks who use the internet before we regulate it.” Nuff said. This applies to you, ad kids, and your fancy scaper doodads.