Is this thing on? That was a *taps mic* joke. It wasn’t funny, but since no one is here to not laugh at it, it doesn’t matter. What does matter is that this is the last year of life on earth. That means that at the ripe old age of 236 years (someone fact check that), the USA has passed its last Independence Day. No, Bill Pullman, July 4th will not soon become the world’s Independence Day. So, to stave off your newfound depression caused by the knowledge that the earth is going to die in December, here’s some distracting semi-ad related videos. Of the week.
5. The BBC used to be primarily used as a wartime alternative to warm milk, lulling young children to sleep as bombed dropped all around their grimy bunkers. Today it’s a rock-n-roll organization known the world over for their coverage of stuff, including Formula 1. So here’s a quick clip that pays homage to the life of an F1 racer, replete with chest signatures and puking. It is reminiscent of other work, but can you tell which?
4. Joseph Gordon-Levitt stole our hearts when he played a lovable idiot teen alien on 3rd Rock From the Sun, but if we’re to take anything away from this trailer for Looper (his latest) it’s that in the future he will be exactly like Bruce Willis. Watch the trailer for this time-traveling-assassin story and you will find yourself – if nothing else – with glazed over eyeballs.
3. LEGO has become the NASA of toys, doing stuff so unrelated to the core function that are incredibly awesome, they deserve their own little section in the Smithsonian. Anyway here’s LEGOs doing computations.
2. Speaking of NASA, watch this film of the earth. Just watch it.
1. Here’s an oldie but a goodie in case you haven’t seen. Leeroy Jenkins is a man whose name goes back to the early days of web video infamy. Just before a bout in World of Warcraft was set to begin, Jenkins ran in early and basically screwed over his entire team. This is what that would look like if, instead of happening in the WoW, the whole ordeal went down in real life.