You’re probably already short for time to shoot and edit your ad if you haven’t seen this by now, but we figured we’d apprise those who haven’t of this brief for the 48 Hour YouTube Ad contest that’s being put on by the Cannes Young Lions. It’s for charity, you can win a free trip to Cannes and you’ll get the attention of those who’ll be judging it including TBWA chief digital officer Collen DeCourcy, La Comunidad co-founder/co-CCO Jose Molla and Tribal DDB Amsterdam ECD Chris Baylis.
Rules are below:
Upload Your Clip
Entering is completely free. Just visit www.youtube.com/canneslions and click the ‘Submit’ button before midnight on Sunday 16 May. Make sure you have a YouTube log-in.
-Spread The Word
Between 17 and 23 May, drive as many people to your video as possible. Do whatever it takes to get votes: embed it, blog about it, tweet it.
-Go to Cannes
A panel of advertising industry experts will pick two winners, taking those public votes into account. If your ad is chosen, you win an all-expenses-paid trip to Cannes Lions and the chance to wow the whole industry by competing in the Young Lions Film Competition between 20 – 26 June 2010.
1. You have to be born between 26 June 1981 and 20 June 1992.
2. The ad can be maximum 60 seconds.
3. The ad CANNOT have music in it.
4. The ad has to follow the brief. Don’t forget to include the charity’s logo at the end; the brief will include instructions about how to download this.
5. You have to be free to go to Cannes between 20 and 26 June this year.