You’ve been in advertising too long if ...
1) You think Buddy Lee is a genius.
2) You confuse Pee-wee Herman with Pinky Lee.
3) You’ve actually worked at a Madison Avenue agency.
4) You wanted your Maypo long before teens wanted their MTV.
5) The 1959 Doublemint Twins saw you through puberty.
6) You learned rhyme schemes from Burma Shave’s serial roadside signs.
7) Your agency’s summer interns call you “Ma’am” or “Sir.”
8) You consider naming your daughter Madge as an homage to the Palmolive manicurist, not Madonna.
9) Your No. 1 pickup line to women at ad-industry gatherings is “I knew Leo Burnett” instead of “I know Alex Bogusky.”
10) You’re more Happy Days than That ’70s Show.
—Posted by Mike Yuhas
- Shazam Introduces Engagement Metric for TV Ads
- Buzzfeed's Michael Hastings Dead at 33
- FCC Chairman Nominee Says Broadband Is Top Priority
- Viacom Finishes Major Upfront Biz
- YouTube Stars Struggle Mightily Off YouTube
- iCrossing Hires Moxie And Razorfish Vets
- Condé Nast Swaps Lucky Editor
- YouTube's Wigs Headed to Hulu
- DM9 Jayme Syfu Wins Mobile Grand Prix for Turning Cellphones Into Textbooks
- Ogilvy Adds Two More Grand Prix—in Outdoor and Media
- Maxipad Brand Goes for Blood in Brilliant Reply to Facebook Rant
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Barbarian Group Wins Inaugural Innovation Lions Grand Prix for Its Cinder Coding Platform
- Pretty Much Everyone Is Doing Native Ads Now
- What's So Good About 'Dumb Ways to Die'?
- Instagram Video Invites Ads Speculation, Puts Vine on Notice
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.