You might actually miss the FreeCredit guys
We mentioned this on Twitter last week, but these dudes deserve a whole item. FreeCreditReport.com (now called FreeCreditScore.com) is officially retiring the FreeCreditReport band, who sang those mind-bendingly catchy jingles in ads from The Martin Agency. Truly, it's the end of an era. In remembrance of their schlocky awesomeness, check out the video below, featuring NINE of their songs. FreeCreditScore is now starting a nationwide search for a new band, and is accepting video applications. Head to the site or to YouTube to view the submissions. There seem to be only two so far, including one posted after the jump. Voting starts June 7. Remember, if you don't vote, you don't get to complain. And you're probably going to want to complain.
—Posted by Rebecca Cullers
- Shazam Introduces Engagement Metric for TV Ads
- Buzzfeed's Michael Hastings Dead at 33
- FCC Chairman Nominee Says Broadband Is Top Priority
- Viacom Finishes Major Upfront Biz
- YouTube Stars Struggle Mightily Off YouTube
- iCrossing Hires Moxie And Razorfish Vets
- Condé Nast Swaps Lucky Editor
- YouTube's Wigs Headed to Hulu
- Conan O'Brien to Advertisers: You Disgust Me, But I Will Take Your Money
- Maxipad Brand Goes for Blood in Brilliant Reply to Facebook Rant
- DM9 Jayme Syfu Wins Mobile Grand Prix for Turning Cellphones Into Textbooks
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Ogilvy Adds Two More Grand Prix—in Outdoor and Media
- Millennial Guys Are Turning to Makeup
- Marketers Have Found a Way to Use Vine
- What's So Good About 'Dumb Ways to Die'?
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.