Yoko Ono Designs Menswear Line Based on John Lennon's Sexy Bod Collaboration with Opening Ceremony
Yoko Ono is collaborating with Opening Ceremony to add fashion to the list of things she has no business doing. Ono's new menswear line is based on how hunky she thought John Lennon was, and the designs—pants with a handprint on the crotch, black jockstraps, pink mesh tops with cutouts around the nipples—pay unnecessary attention to the male naughty bits. "I felt it was a pity if we could not make clothes emphasizing his very sexy bod," Ono said of her late husband and inspiration. And it's true, there just aren't enough designer clothes for skinny white men. What's really being emphasized here is that Opening Ceremony has clearly never seen or heard any of Yoko's previous work, because if they had, they would have known better than to let her design anything.
- Would Yahoo or Facebook Make a Better Tumblr Parent?
- Gevalia Aims for a Buzzy Social Partying Weekend
- Modest Buzz for NewFront Content Based on Social Sharing Data
- Former Publicis COO Richard Pinder on Reimagining Global Networks
- Meet the Sleepy's Creative Finalists
- Yahoo Adding Tweets to Homepage
- Embattled Abercrombie CEO Backpedals on Exclusionary Comments
- NBCUniversal Expands Licensing Deal With Amazon
- Goodby, Silverstein Brings the Funny for YouTube's First-Ever Comedy Week
- Yahoo in Talks to Acquire Tumblr
- Obscure Direct Response Brands Dominate Facebook Chatter
- YouTube Star Tobuscus Forced Into Making Insane Musical Ad for Hot Pockets
- Ad of the Day: Volkswagen
- Mattress Ads Wake Up to Human Sexuality
- H&M Winning Raves for Having a Normal-Looking Woman Model Its Beachwear
- Ad of the Day: Samsung
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.