Yankees' Taco Bell spot not very nourishing
If you've been watching playoff baseball on TBS, you've seen this spot with New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi and pitcher Mariano Rivera advertising's Taco Bell's XXL Chalupa. A guy can't finish his XXL, so Girardi pulls him in favor of Rivera. Girardi slaps the guy on the ass, and Rivera attempts to act, with poor results. I'm not in New York, so I assume this must be airing nationally. Do Girardi and Rivera need the money? I doubt this spot even gets made if Steinbrenner were still alive. The only way this ad would be palatable is if Joba Chamberlain plays the guy who can't finish his meal—much like he can't finish an inning these days.
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Arnold Wins Avocados From Mexico
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Group of Web Video Companies Band Together to Ensure Ads Are Viewable
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
- How KitchenAid Gave Us the World’s Coolest Mixer
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
- Y&R Asks You to Define What #AdvertisingIs
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.