Will you ingest KFC's culinary masterpiece?
Well, here it is, the official commercial for KFC's bunless abomination known as the Double Down, which goes on sale today. In case you haven't heard, it's a bacon and cheese sandwich with two pieces of fried chicken for bread. The commercial actually first aired almost a year ago, when KFC was testing this cardio-catastrophe. Reactions ranged from mortified concern to morbid curiosity, but it was clear the Colonel had one buzzworthy slab of Homer Simpson grotesquerie on his hands. Now that DD-Day is upon us, will you be trying this new American treasure? If you're feeling tempted, you might want to take a sneak peek at what you'll be getting for your $4.99.
—Posted by David Griner
- Buzzfeed's Michael Hastings Dead at 33
- iCrossing Hires Moxie And Razorfish Vets
- FCC Chairman Nominee Says Broadband Is Top Priority
- Viacom Finishes Major Upfront Biz
- Condé Nast Swaps Lucky Editor
- YouTube's Wigs Headed to Hulu
- Agency.com Co-founder Joins Prophet
- FCC Nominee Chair Plays Up His Business Experience
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Maxipad Brand Goes for Blood in Brilliant Reply to Facebook Rant
- Ogilvy Adds Two More Grand Prix—in Outdoor and Media
- DM9 Jayme Syfu Wins Mobile Grand Prix for Turning Cellphones Into Textbooks
- Barbarian Group Wins Inaugural Innovation Lions Grand Prix for Its Cinder Coding Platform
- Pretty Much Everyone Is Doing Native Ads Now
- Gay Advertising’s Long March Out of the Closet
- Kraft Salad Dressing Ad Gets Best Present Ever: A Slap From One Million Moms
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.