'Whopper Lust': CP+B's Wonderful Swan Song on Burger King
You might as well go out with a bang, and that's what Crispin Porter + Bogusky has done for Burger King with "Whopper Lust." The campaign is centered around DirecTV channel 111, which is airing endless footage of a spinning Whopper. If you watch for five minutes, you get a free Whopper. Watch for 10 minutes, and you get two free Whoppers. And so on. You have to pay attention, not just leave the station on—you must respond to occasional prompts, or you lose. The Denver Egotist says the promotion has already given away 50,000 Whoppers this week. It's a fun idea, and a subversive one, too. It's almost advertising as punishment—you WILL watch this last CP+B campaign for Burger King. In fact, it will be flame-broiled into your brain.
- Would Yahoo or Facebook Make a Better Tumblr Parent?
- Gevalia Aims for a Buzzy Social Partying Weekend
- Modest Buzz for NewFront Content Based on Social Sharing Data
- Former Publicis COO Richard Pinder on Reimagining Global Networks
- Meet the Sleepy's Creative Finalists
- Yahoo Adding Tweets to Homepage
- Embattled Abercrombie CEO Backpedals on Exclusionary Comments
- NBCUniversal Expands Licensing Deal With Amazon
- Goodby, Silverstein Brings the Funny for YouTube's First-Ever Comedy Week
- California Winery's Ads Pair the Product With Sex, Drugs and More Sex
- YouTube Star Tobuscus Forced Into Making Insane Musical Ad for Hot Pockets
- How BBH Perfected the Twist Ending for the Year's Best Beverage Ad
- Online Video Ads Have Higher Impact Than TV Ads
- Yahoo in Talks to Acquire Tumblr
- Big Bang Star Simon Helberg Reads Einstein
- Dumb Ways to Die Is Now a Video Game for the iPhone and iPad
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.