When They Find What You Left on One of Their Planes, Southwest Will Send You a Poem That's Lame 'But it's the thought that counts, right?'
Did you leave something on a Southwest Airlines flight? Don't worry. If they find it, they will send it back to you—along with the added gift of an unbearable poem about how the airline "luvs" you. Consumerist has the story of a reader whose husband lost his cellphone on a Southwest trip. It turned up in Southwest's Lost and Found and was soon mailed back to him. "When it arrived, the attached poem was tucked into the package," the wife explains. "The writer of the poem is definitely NOT in line to be a future Poet Laureate, but it's the thought that counts, right? What other airline would do this?" What other airline would want to? Text of the poem below.
It's always sad when something's lost when what is yours is gone
And the hope that it will soon be found is what keeps you going on
And it's especially sad when was was lost simply cannot be replaced
And the sorrow felt when this occurs sometimes cannot be erased
Well hope no more and start to smile for what you lost was found
And it's with much luv that it's returned to the style for which we're renowned
And we'd be remiss if we didn't say in one loud voice
We hope for your future travels, we are your choice.
- CBS Picks Up Bad Teacher
- Dish Network's Search for a Digital Agency Down to Finalists
- Liberal Groups Pressure Mayer to Withdraw From FWD.us
- Arrested Development Outbuzzing House of Cards
- Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women Includes Tech, Media Titans
- Sen. John Cornyn Joins the Fight Against Patent Trolls With New Bill
- YouTube CEO is Cannes Lions Media Person of the Year
- Newsweek's All-Digital Relaunch Includes Ad Sponsorship Plan
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- Geico Makes the Perfect Ad for Hump Day
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- Droga5 Gives Qantas Fliers Paperbacks That Last Just as Long as the Flight
- Ads for Playboy Fragrances Have Plenty of Happy Endings, and a Few Weird Ones Too
- Nutella Thanks Its Biggest Fan, Founder of World Nutella Day, by Sending Her a Cease and Desist
- Introducing Beardvertising: Tiny Billboards That Clip on to Your Beard
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.