When Civilization Collapses, at Least You'll Have a Skateboard Five apocalypse-proof deck sets hidden around the world
When the end days come, you're going to need a few key things to survive: fresh water, durable footwear and, of course, a thematically appropriate skateboard. Ohio-based agency Real Art Design Group has teamed up with Alien Workshop to create 50 "Skate Recolonization Kits" for the impending disasters predicted by ancient Mayans for 2012. Packed inside a branded, apocalypse-proof steel case, each $149.99 kit includes three decks illustrated with different possibilities for mankind's destruction: alien invasion, nuclear fallout and natural disaster. You'll also get a set of instructions called “So You're an Apocalypse Survivor." To build some buzz for this limited edition project, the team has buried five of the kits "around the planet." The first clue to finding one was dropped into the clip below, and it was promptly discovered yesterday. More clues will reportedly be posted to AlienWorkshop.com. Even if you're not interested in scouting out a secret skateboard cache, the promotional video might at least convince you that a zombie skateboard movie is worth making.
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Arnold Wins Avocados From Mexico
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Group of Web Video Companies Band Together to Ensure Ads Are Viewable
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
- How KitchenAid Gave Us the World’s Coolest Mixer
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
- Y&R Asks You to Define What #AdvertisingIs
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.