The Week on AdFreak: May 4-11, 2012 Timesheet slackers, a banner-ad marriage proposal, and the year's best Mother's Day campaign
The 10 most-read AdFreak posts from the past week:
1. Colle+McVoy Enlists Timesheet Slackers for Motivational Posters
2. Infographic: Advertising People Are Hopeless Social-Media
3. Billboard Likening Climate Change Believers to Unabomber Is
4. Martin Agency Staffer Gets Marriage Proposal via Banner Ads
5. This Mother's Day, Literally Pay Your Mom Back for Her
Pregnancy and Labor
6. Cee Lo Green Creates a Purrfect Meow Mix Remix With His Cat
7. Ikea's Porta-Potty Is the Tardis of Toilets
8. Minnesota Man's Desperate 'Hire Me!' Billboard Actually Works
9. Solar Power: It's Not Just for Hippie Freaks Anymore
10. Domestic Violence Billboards Let Passersby Drag Away an
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Arnold Wins Avocados From Mexico
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Group of Web Video Companies Band Together to Ensure Ads Are Viewable
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
- How KitchenAid Gave Us the World’s Coolest Mixer
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
- Y&R Asks You to Define What #AdvertisingIs
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.