Vodka Maker Pulls NYC Billboard Blasted as Anti-Semitic 'Christmas quality. Hanukkah pricing'
Wódka vodka promises "Christmas quality" at "Hanukkah pricing" with this New York City billboard showing a pair of pooches, one in a yarmulke and the the other in a Santa cap. How festive! The Anti-Defamation League and consumers bashed the board as being anti-Semitic for suggesting Jews are cheap and/or Christmas is a higher-quality holiday. The ad's creator, who's Jewish, says the billboard is being removed from the West Side Highway. Still, you couldn't expect Wódka to take the high road now, given the brand's past classy slogans like "Escort quality. Hooker pricing." Oy, this stuff will drive you to drink. A pair of earlier ads after the jump.
- Mozilla Moves Ahead With Do Not Track Browser
- Baseball Legend Vin Scully Pinch Hits on Twitter
- Twitter Snags Local Social Discovery Firm Spindle
- Brands Can Use Images in Facebook Comments, Too
- Elle's Robbie Myers on Women's Magazines and Serious Journalism
- 'Dumb Ways to Die' Train Keeps Rolling, as It Wins Grand Prix in Radio
- Bud Light Moves to BBDO
- Senators Press FCC to Move On Sports Blackout Issue
- Maxipad Brand Goes for Blood in Brilliant Reply to Facebook Rant
- Draftfcb and Pereira & O'Dell Each Win a Grand Prix in Cyber Category
- TBWA\Media Arts Lab Earns Press Grand Prix for Apple's iPad Mini Ads
- Millennial Guys Are Turning to Makeup
- Annie Leibovitz Revisits Her Famous Photo of John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- Conan O'Brien to Advertisers: You Disgust Me, but I Will Take Your Money
- Turner Wraps Upfront Business; Broadcast Still in Motion
- Apple Finds Its Footing Again With Evocative Film About Third-Party iOS Apps
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.